Wednesday, September 5, 2007

We're Back...

Well, we made it back Monday night at about 10:00 p.m. We had not planned to be out that long, but our visit with friends was too nice to leave any sooner than we did. (Thanks for the great dinner and wonderful evening guys!) That said, we were anxious to get back to the girls – we miss them terribly when we are away. We got a nice happy reception when we finally made it home.

Our weekend was a much needed retreat. The house we stayed in was lovely and quite comfortable. (Many thanks to our vacation benefactor!) There was no TV to watch, so we did a lot of reading, talking, and window shopping. It was a great time to relax, reconnect, and rejuvenate. We did find a little coffee shop/bookstore in Hardy, AR. It was a cozy little shop with Wi-Fi. We were able to check e-mails and buzz around the ‘net a couple of days.

I have now finished the Harry Potter series (books 6 & 7 while on our vacation). Wow, what a story. I really enjoyed reading the series, and am missing them now that I have finished. I was shocked by the ending, which was nothing like I imagined. I was talking to a friend and her daughter about how the author wrote the series – whether she had the basic outline of the whole story, or if she just built on the previous book – one book at a time. We came to the conclusion that she almost had to have an overall outline of the whole story, because of the way that she had weaved characters and information throughout the books.

I have an interview this afternoon, so please keep me in mind about 3pm. I am hoping to be back at work soon. This job will start as a temp job, but may well go permanent at some point. I’ll let you know!

There are updates to give, but they will have to wait for another day. My niece, Z, started kindergarten last week. She left me a message to tell me that she is a big girl, she had a good first day, and she LOVES it! I just can’t believe she has started school, where does the time go?

No comments: