Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Quiet Thoughts...

I am contemplating life, as I sit in the living room with the computer and a small but demanding bundle on my lap. This has been a personally difficult summer for me. I have had to reflect on parts of me that are not especially nice or pleasant; own up to things that I would really rather not even think about. Through it all, I have had to change those tapes that have played in my head most of my life. It has not been an easy process. Even in all of the difficulties that life has handed me this summer, I am reminded that I am, we are, fine. We have, in the words of a good friend, all that we need and so much more than we deserve. God is good. I am thankful for his provision for us during this summer; for my loving husband; for my wonderful church family; for my extended family (I miss you all); and for my small but demanding bundle – just to name a few.

I know so many people who are struggling. Their issues are many and varied: health, relationships, and faith – to name a few. Many of them have persevered through unimaginable situations, some are in the midst of a crisis, and others are just beginning the struggle. Some are faithful Christians, some are feeling their way back, and still others are, well, not. I must remind them, as I remember myself, that God IS good. He will answer their prayers. He will continue to provide, heal, and save. We must also remember to count our blessings and trust God to help us through the difficulties of life.

Enough contemplation: On to the news…

I have a job, albeit at temporary assignment, beginning Monday. There is a chance that this job could go permanent, or could lead to another job within the company. I am looking forward to it. The position has just been created, so I have the opportunity to help define the job. I am excited by the challenge.

Jasmine is, at last report, 2 lbs, 4oz. She is still on a respirator. Please continue to pray for her healing and strength for Rachel and David.

Cindy and Caitlyn are home, but Cindy still needs prayer for her recovery. They are home, and both doing well.

No comments: