Monday, August 27, 2007

Let the celebration begin….



OK, so I am probably the only one celebrating today. On this day, Monday, August 27, 2007, I finally have my car back. (Final Cost: $4,239.35, thank the Lord for insurance!) I wasn’t able to pick it up until 7pm this evening, so pictures are from Tuesday. (Again, many thanks to the deductible donators – WE LOVE YOU BOTH!) It looks great, drives great and most of all feels great. I have missed having my car, not just because I love that car, but because I have missed having my independence. I really don’t like driving Keith’s car – it is far too big and long, especially to park. So, I have been driven all over town to get to where I needed to be, and have spent far too much time in this house.

I am having dinner with a good friend tomorrow. I will probably leave extra early just to be able to go visit some of my favorite places and get out a bit. One of my favorite places is a little consignment store in Bartlett (and its sister store on Union). I love older furniture and looking at other peoples junk. In fact the last time I was there, I found the EXACT same Mexican cookbook my mother has used for years. I snatched it up like there were 30 people around me waiting to get at it. (Of course, we’re on this diet, and not really doing Mexican, but I don’t care.)

Keith and I are going away for the weekend. I am looking forward to getting away and just spending some time with him. Now, it’s true we have spent much more time together lately that we normally get to, but perhaps we will be able to leave the stress of job hunting and other summer stresses here for a couple of days. It will be fun to be in a different place, visit some nice little shops, and spend time relaxing. Many thanks to our weekend benefactor – we appreciate you lending us your place! :)

There is no word on the other job Michelle was working on, she is waiting for scheduling information from the company and apparently someone went out of town on business. So, we wait. She is going to look for temp work for me, but nothing so far. I have several other updates, but they will have to wait until tomorrow…

Good Night.

1 comment:

Redblur63 said...

Have a great trip! You've earned it!