Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Waiting Game

I have had to do a lot of waiting over the last 5 to 6 days. Anyone who knows me knows that I don’t like to wait. I don’t have much patience (and I have a theory on patience, which I will have to write about on another day.), so it has been a difficult couple of days.

The car may be ready tomorrow. They have gotten in the wheels and tires, but are waiting on the tire pressure sensors. They think those will be in tomorrow. YEA. I can’t wait to get my car back. We are waiting for my employment to get the pole damage repaired. That falls under a separate deductible. The repair for the wheels (not including the dent caused by the MOWT (Mean ‘ole Wheel Thieves)) was $3700. Fortunately, we only have to pay the deductible. (Many thanks to the deductible donors! :-}) I have decided I am going to get the “Mean People Suck!” bumper sticker, because, well…they do!

I didn’t get the job I interviewed for. Bummer. I had to wait Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday to find out that I was #2. I hate being #2. I guess there is some chance that the #1 person will refuse the job, and it may become mine, but I doubt it. Michelle has another job she is working on for me. It doesn’t pay as well, but something is more than nothing. If nothing works out this week, I will begin Monday to take temp jobs. Besides needing the income, I need to get out of the house, and have something to do.

Our wait for our friends’ baby, Caitlin Rose, was over on Monday. She arrived and is doing well. She is a little early and in the NICU, but is strong and will probably not have to be there long. Her mom, Cindy, will have her heart surgery on Monday (then her wait will be over, and recovery will begin). The wait for news on Jasmine ended early today. She had routine surgery on her heart today (is any surgery routine?), but came through it, and at last word is doing well. This should help keep her lungs from filling with fluid. It is hard to believe that they can operate on a baby so small (1lb 9oz at last notice). God does all things well, yes?

I do not like to wait; it makes me feel that somehow, for some reason, God has put me on hold. I don’t know how to describe the feelings I have…It is a strange mixture of anxiety, hopefulness, depression, and excitement. That is a strange combination, I know, and I don’t feel them all at once, but one or two at a time. I guess this is where faith steps in and whispers “Peace”.

Good night.

No comments: