Friday, August 17, 2007

Walkin' in Memphis








So, for those of you who haven't heard, we have experienced the joy of living in Memphis, yet again. Keith was taking some trash out this morning, and found that someone had taken ALL FOUR WHEELS from my 'nox.

I couldn't believe it. It was quite shocking. We spent most of the day trying to get the car stuff done: we made a police report, called the insurance company, and had the car towed to the shop. I have no idea how much money this is going to cost - hopefully it is all covered under our policy, and we'll just have to pay the deductible. These are just a couple pixs of the car and the tow company loading it up. Some of you remember that we had a break-in almost 2 years ago when the appliances, and several other things, were taken. You gotta love Memphis!

I talked to Michelle, who is with the staffing office I am working with, and she has not had any word about my job yet. She said that I had a good interview, but they had to reschedule an appointment for this afternoon, so they will not know until then. Michelle said that she would call me this afternoon or evening once she hears something. I promise to let you all know when I know.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Gosh! I know Memphis is rough, but that's a pretty brazen thief considering that someone is at your home (or very nearby)almost all of the time! Just wondering, but why did they have to tow the car? Hope things work out w/the job possibility. -Di

Redblur63 said...

Oh, great googly-moogly, I was hoping that was not YOUR car in the photos! I am so sorry, and hope this is the last of your bad luck...

I just got home from bowling with Emma and Kim (yes, it's midnight). On the way home, a warning light came on in the car, and it's the VAN! Oh no! I don't know what this is! I'm afraid to call and tell Steve...I hope this is something minor!

Anonymous said...

Mel, so very sorry about the car thing. I am stunned that happened to you. The car sat in a parking space in the middle of homes and other parked cars. How do these things happen. Love your blog. That is that a lot of famous scrapbookers do. Then, when they are ready to scrapbook the pictures, they already have their journaling complete. LOVE YOU and MiSS YOU XOXO, Charlene

Charlene said...

Mel, so very sorry this happened to you. I can not believe it on top of the job thing. SEnding you prayers and cyber hugs. Love your blog. That is what all the famous scrapbookers do. Then when they get ready to do their page (or when their room is clean) they have all their journaling done. Love you! Miss you, XOXO, Charlene