Tuesday, August 17, 2010

This one's for you, Dad.

So, my parents came to visit me in Memphis this past weekend. I haven't seen them in over a year, so it was good to spend some time with them. But in one of those quite moments when dad and I were taking, he asked me why I had not updated my blog in almost a year. So...this ones for you, Dad.

Much has happened in the last year. We moved last September - just up the street from where we were, about 2 blocks from the Hancock's fabrics which burned down. The good news is that the place is bigger and the Hancock's reopened - along with an Ace Hardware. The bad news: no pool. ah, well. All for the best, I guess. We really like the location of the new house - and I have yet to spend a whole pay check in the Hancock's (at one time) yet. Time is on my side, though.

Our holidays were spent right here in Memphis, with good friends around. In January I left working at the hospital to go back to work at the Navy Base. It was an opportunity I could not pass up. I was hired as a Technical Writer, but have been working as a data analyst. I love what I do. This position requires a security clearance, and we hit a bump in the road with that. Long story short: My interim clearance was pulled and I let go. On my second day of unemployment, I was called and told that there was an administrative SNAFU with the investigative body; my interim was fine - not pulled. Did I want my job back? You betcha! And so I am back. Still waiting for the final to come in, but none the worse for it.

In June I finished up my MBA. I am glad that is over. There are absolutely no plans, thoughts, or dreams of going back school again. I've said it over and over - I will not learn another thing ever again. Amen. Really. I mean it. Done. But it feels good to have accomplished it!

There have been a good many changes at the church, but mostly to the actual structure. We just had the altar blessed, and it is beautiful. We also got a new organ, which means my piano got to come home - today, in fact.

Things are good here in Memphis. Hope all is well where you are!

Love,
MelBoe

No comments: