Thursday, August 19, 2010

Are you a Joiner?

I was taking this in a whole different direction, but decided it was just stupid. So, I'm starting over.

I don't have much to say, so let me share this:

I often find myself in conversations that I had no intention of having (and some I absolutely intend on having), saying things I had no intention of saying, and going down a road that God is probably not always pleased with. You see, I'm a joiner. I just can't pass it up. I justify it in all kinds of ways, but there it is...sin. Big, bad, ugly, SIN.

Well, I was listening to Dave Ramsey the other day for about a minute and a half. He was talking about his company and employees. He said that he has a (well, maybe a couple, but he was talking about this one) rule that his employees must follow unless they no longer wish to be employees. That rule is that they must not talk about another employee unless that person is in the room.

Sit me on my butt. What a great rule. I have decided to try to implement this rule in my own life. It will not be easy, nor will I be perfect - especially at first. But I'm gonna try. Join me?

No comments: