Thursday, August 28, 2008

Song Sung Blue...

So, we're back. We had a wonderful time, and my parent's anniversary party was a great big success. I will write more about it in the next couple of days...(and I have lots to tell - meeting Jasmine for the first time, seeing a long-lost cousin for the first time in at least 10 years, visiting with family and friends - it was a great vacation!)

She-who-must-be-obeyed was VERY glad to get her parents home. I still have some time off, so I will spend that loving on her and her sissy and getting the laundry done - among other things.

My post-VA depression as officially kicked in. I told some friends it was good that we left the girls in Memphis, otherwise I am not sure Keith could have gotten me back here. I really miss it all - the family, friends, places, memories - and the pace of life (but not the traffic - definitely not the traffic). Sumerduck is QUIET - you forget, living in the city, just how quiet it can really be.

That said, I will be happy to be back at St. James on Sunday. I missed it terribly on Sunday - we went to St. John the Divine in Warrenton, VA. It was a beautiful church and a nice service, but it was no St. James! And I will get back to my life here in Memphis, which I enjoy - I head back to work on Tuesday and school on Wednesday, and I will enjoy friends who are like family and who make living 16 hours from home a little easier.

Good Night!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Hi Melanie, I will probably be in Memphis this coming Friday. Maybe we could meet for coffee or something?? I will probably not have all the kids this time.