Sunday, December 2, 2007

The beginning of Advent

Here it is Sunday evening again, and I can not believe we are at the beginning of another new week. It is also the beginning of Advent. Why does time move so swiftly? I just know that I will turn around and it will be Christmas Day - our third in Memphis. It seems impossible.

In the blur that was this week, I was able to complete the hat for the little one. I just hope I can get it to her before the flowers bloom in Charlottsville :). It's on it's way, J!

Saturday was spent doing a couple of fun things...Keith and I went with a friend to see "Into Great Silence", a documentary about the Carthusian monks in France. It was a very quiet, peaceful, and beautiful, albeit long, film. I recommend it highly, and hope to one day see it again.

After the film, I went to anothers friend's home and proceeded to help her spend mega-bucks getting supplies she needed (and some she just wanted:) ) for scrapbooking and making cards. We had fun shopping for them, and then unwrapping and playing with them when we got back to her house.

Things are going to get hectic and stressful - they always do. Our circumstances sometimes make it easy to become overwhelmed, worry about the future, fret over things we have no control over, and take things out on those we love. During this Advent Season, I hope that all of you can take some time out to reflect on the gift that God sent to us in his Son, Jesus Christ. I hope that you can take time to thank God for all that we have - and so much more than we need. I pray that you all have a blessed Advent!

1 comment:

Leanna said...

Wow...I can't believe it's been three years! I miss you! And this reminds me of how sad I am that J-Bug is growing up not knowing you. Boo-Hiss!
In lighter news, Happy Holidays!
Here's to hoping Christmas Day arrives without stress or tension in your household! Love you!