Saturday, December 6, 2008

We've moved...

Well, we got moved. And by "moved" I mean that most of our furniture and a good bit of our stuff is here in the new house. We are moving the rest of the odd-n-ends over the next couple of weeks. Once we get things in and figure out where we are putting everything, I'll be posting more pictures.

Here are some things we love about the new house:

1. Central Heat - can't underestimate the importance of central heat.
2. S P A C E! It is so nice to spread out - although we loose each other sometimes :)
3. Second Bathroom. I can't say enough about the joy of knowing we now have two.
4. Fenced in back yard - the girls can run freeeeee now. Very nice.
5. Not having to turn off the non-central heat in order to blow dry my hair without blowing all the circuits. You can't imagine the freedom.

Thanksgiving: We went to the Gilfeys for Thanksgiving dinner. Their cousins from Sweden were here to experience their first-ever American Thanksgiving. A good time was had by all. They served Lingenberries - I had some on Cheesecake - YUM! I made the Green bean Casserole. And brought the cheese. Very stressful, ya know? Hey - I also had to pick out the crackers, too. Do you know the stress of finding the just-right cracker for cheese? It is very important to get the right ones - I don't care what Ritz says, people make fun of you when you bring Ritz crackers for Bree.

My class is coming to the end, and I am gearing up for the busy Christmas Season...now, can anyone tell me where my Christmas Cookie Cutters are?

6 comments:

amandarae said...

If your dogs are anything like our were, there will be a trail where they will always run in your back yard! Grass will no longer grow there! And, generally, it will be along the fence line! Haha!

*Savannah Jane* said...

hey it's savannah!! what's up? havn't seen u in like forever!!



Vannah Jane

Cooker Girl said...

The house looks great!! it sounds like you are enjoying it greatly. i understand about finding things. we have been back in the house for over a year and i still can't find some things!!! very irritating :0)

Leanna said...

Looking forward to hearing even more!

amandarae said...

How come there are no updates on this house of yours??? well, i have a blog that i post some crafty stuff on ( i have won alot of free scrapbook stuff that way) and i tagged you in it! LOVE YOU!
(p.s- still playing those jacks!!!)

Charlene said...

Melanie, I am so thrilled about your new house. Congrats. Good things come to those who wait. Jamie and Tom are still living in your house....I still think of it that way. :) Phil and I just bought a second home in Florida...well actually it is our 5th house but one we will live in in the future. Send me an e-mail sometime: nevil-english.10@osu.edu
Hugs to both you and Keith, Charlene